Форум міста Сміла

FORUM.SMELA.COM.UA - ЗАВЖДИ У КОЛІ ДРУЗІВ

Bedard highlights NHLPA Rookie Display
Brito [8] Офлайн
18 грудня 2023, 03:39
ARLINGTON, Va.-- Connor Bedard took his very first strides on the ice in a Chicago Blackhawks jacket Tuesday. Bedard had previously put on a Blackhawks jacket after they picked him with the No. 1 pick in the 2023 NHL Draft at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on June 28, but this time around he was using his very own jersey, with his name and No. 98 sewn on, together with a complete collection of hockey pads. "It's actually cool Daniil Tarasov Jersey, " he said. "I believe you wouldn't feel it until a game, yet simply to be with this company and city and every little thing, it's a dream come real. I assume for the assistance we have actually gotten considering that the draft and just that team in basic, simply maturing watching them and seeing kind of their runs was pretty great. So to place the jacket on is really special." The whole day was unique for Bedard, who participated in addition to 33 various other gamers in the NHLPA Rookie Showcase at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. The players autographed souvenirs, participated in photo and video shoots on and off the ice for EA Sporting activities, and posed for their first official Upper Deck trading cards. That tail end was a bit surreal for Bedard, who was an enthusiastic hockey card collection agency as a kid. The majority of the ones he possessed are still being in some binders at his moms and dads' home in North Vancouver, British Columbia, consisting of a Wayne Gretzky newbie card. "I haven't considered it excessive, yet I assume if I were to open a pack or something and see myself in it, it would be a little crazy, " Bedard said. "Expanding up I was a big card man. I liked opening packs and stuff, so I think that would be great." Just how several points will Bedard rating his novice season? Ahead potential customers Matt Savoie and Logan Stankoven additionally stated posing for their first hockey cards was an emphasize minute. "I in fact accumulated cards when I was pretty young, traded them on the bus in elementary school, " Savoie stated. "To see it type of come full circle is really great." Bedard, though, was in the eye of greater than just electronic cameras, with followers trying to ferret out the 18-year-old as he hopped on the bus at a neighborhood hotel for the brief ride to the Washington Capitals' technique center. "It becomes part of his truth, " stated Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman possibility Stanislav Svozil, who played with Bedard with Regina of the Western Hockey Organization last period. "I wasn't shocked. This is what happened after every game in Regina. And after that away video games too. So, I wasn't surprised." Bedard is used to the extra attention he amasses. He was given phenomenal gamer standing to play in the WHL as a 15-year-old in 2020-21 and had been taken into consideration the favored to be the No. 1 pick in the 2023 draft long prior to last season. And prior to he's also made his NHL debut, he's currently had his video game compared to Connor McDavid of the Edmonton Oilers and Auston Matthews of the Toronto Maple Leafs. "It's not that insane below Andrew Peeke Jersey, " Bedard claimed. "You obtain utilized to it a little. It's an event, like Integrate and those kind of things. It's kind of normal." Connor Bedard presents his abilities at NHLPA Rookie Display Although Bedard is utilized to the interest, it was a new, and welcomed, experience for a few other players. "I'm most likely the only fifth-round pick below, " stated New York Islanders ahead prospect William Dufour, that was selected in the fifth round of the 2020 NHL Draft. "When I was prepared, my representative informed me that it's simply a number, simply a round. Go to training school, do your individual thing. I keep working, I never ever surrender, and today, I'm right here with all the initial rounders, 2nd rounders. So, I'm pretty satisfied to be right here today." Montreal Canadiens ahead possibility Owen Beck had a comparable sensation. He made his NHL debut in a 5-0 loss to the Ottawa Senators on Jan. 28, completing with 9:48 of ice time after being remembered on an emergency basis from Peterborough of the Ontario Hockey Organization. Beck was returned to Peterborough after the one video game, but he's hoping an event such as this will certainly give him that added confidence to have a much longer remain in Montreal this season. "Being right here is sort of something I never ever assumed would happen, " he claimed. "A dream become a reality seeing yourself on a hockey card. Last evening we were opening packs at a little supper Jake Christiansen Jersey, I actually pulled out one of my very own cards. My belly type of gone down and I resembled, 'Is that in fact me?' "It was quite awesome.

Написать комментарии

Версія для друку
Модератори:
Podolya, kleber, kok$
Повна версія
Povered by phpBB © phpBB Group
Wap themes Anv@r.all
Український переклад © 2005-2011 Українська підтримка phpBB