Форум міста Сміла

FORUM.SMELA.COM.UA - ЗАВЖДИ У КОЛІ ДРУЗІВ

Karlsson returns to encounter Sharks for first time with Penguins
Brito [8] Офлайн
18 грудня 2023, 03:38
CRANBERRY, Pa. -- Erik Karlsson had a great run with the San Jose Sharks. On Saturday, the Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman is wanting to start one more, but this moment as a visitor. " I have actually obtained a great deal of excellent memories there," Karlsson stated. "I'm wishing to create some even more excellent memories in that rink. " Karlsson, who had 243 factors in 293 regular-season games in 5 periods with the Sharks, consisting of a 101-point period in 2022-23 that made him the Norris Prize, will certainly go back to SAP Center to encounter his former group for the very first time because leaving San Jose. He was the sixth defenseman in League background to reach 100 factors in a period, and the first since Brian Leetch had 102 for the New York City Rangers in 1991-92. Karlsson has six points in nine games after being gotten by Pittsburgh from San Jose in a three-team profession likewise entailing the Montreal Canadiens on Aug. 6. The return won't be totally foreign. On Dec. 1, 2018, Karlsson played his first game at the Ottawa Senators, where he had actually played his initial nine NHL periods before being traded to San Jose on Sept. 13, 2018. In that homecoming, he led all players with 9 shots on objective in a 6-2 loss for the Sharks. " I think it's going to be different than that in some regards," Karlsson stated. "It's mosting likely to behave to be back in San Jose Damian Clara Jersey. It's going to be good to see a lot of familiar faces and satisfy a great deal of individuals that I haven't seen in a while. " It's additionally great that it's early in the period, so we can sort of obtain it over a bit and relocate onward. " Neither Karlsson neither the Penguins remain in position to emphasize fond memories. After going 0-3-1 on a homestand that finished Monday, and shedding 5 of their previous 6 in policy, they are 3-6-0, their worst begin with nine games since starting 0-4-5 in 2005-06. The Sharks, on the other hand, will be looking for their very first win, going 0-9-1 in their very first 10 video games. " We need to start someplace," Karlsson stated. "Getting a win, no matter just how we obtain it, will behave. " Karlsson had 4 points in his first four games this season however went without one in the following 4. ANAPIT: Karlsson blasts slap shot for PPG in 1st On Monday, the 33-year-old seemed to be opened with one objective and one help, each on the power play, versus the Anaheim Ducks Tyson Hinds Jersey. He after that had a cross-ice pass intercepted by Adam Henrique at the end of a 5-on-3. Henrique discovered Mason McTavish appearing of the charge box for a short-handed breakaway, causing the determining goal with 13 seconds remaining in the 3rd period of a 4-3 loss. With Karlsson, patience is key, Penguins trainer Mike Sullivan claimed. " I assume he is the player that we assumed we were getting," Sullivan stated. "There's an additional level to his game. We're going through a bit of a feeling-out process. .. We're wishing we'll get a little bit extra uniformity with that throughout the training course of a 60-minute hockey game. " However he's a person that we're thrilled about having. We have to figure out how to optimize his ability degree. " In Pittsburgh, Karlsson remains in a familiar function, leading the Penguins with an average ice time of 25:24, ahead of fellow defenseman Kris Letang. Karlsson goes to the factor on the top power play, a spot Letang held throughout much of his first 17 seasons with the Penguins. Sidney Crosby, likewise on the leading unit, stated Karlsson's influence is clear. " Power play, he's obviously got time and room to do what he's best at, which's just produce space for individuals around him, produce plays," Crosby stated. "He can fire the puck. He showed that last video game, had a huge shot. " So he skates the puck out of difficulty. He can lug it finish to finish. All those things. He's got a great deal of staminas [url][/url]. Possibly on the power play is when it's on display screen one of the most. " Ryan Graves is coupled with Letang yet has studied Karlsson. " There's means that he controls forwards, forecheckers and stuff like that he makes look quite effortless," Graves stated. "He doesn't have, like, a large growing shot or anything like that. The means he develops lanes in the offensive zone, he is a fast skater, but it's not like he's flying around like Cale Makar around. " He's smart with the way he does it. I'm not going to do a lot of it, but there are things you can gain from it. " Before traveling to San Jose on Thursday, Karlsson reflected. Specifically, Video game 7 of the 2019 Western Meeting Preliminary against the Vegas Golden Knights. The Sharks scored 4 power-play objectives in 4:01 throughout the third duration prior to Karlsson had the main aid on Barclay Goodrow's goal at 18:19 of overtime in a 5-4 win. " Among the craziest games that I have actually belonged of," he said. "That's most likely the utmost No. 1 instance that protrudes to me. " Come Saturday, Karlsson will just look in advance. " Also though our document is what it is, I still really feel like we're a great hockey team," Karlsson stated. "I seem like our team believe that we're a good hockey team in below. We're mosting likely to take it game by game, attempt to make it one straight and keep it one in row, relocate it forward like that. "

Написать комментарии

Версія для друку
Модератори:
Podolya, kleber, Zarathustra
Повна версія
Povered by phpBB © phpBB Group
Wap themes Anv@r.all
Український переклад © 2005-2011 Українська підтримка phpBB